Finding Items on Reserve
Did your professor tell you to go to the library to get a reading or a video off reserve for your class? We can help you with that! Course reserves are typically located behind the Library Services desk in the Learning Commons, and have special use restrictions such as a shorter checkout time or in-library use only. Reserve materials can be found using the course reserves search in the library catalog:
- Search by course name or instructor name
- Click on the course title to see the list of reserve items, note the call number (ex. RESV HANG 38) and checkout time
- Visit the Library Services desk to checkout the item(s)
Note: All reserve items MUST be checked out to be used.
Placing Items on Reserve
Faculty Course Reserve Form Faculty members of Doane University may request that library-owned or personal materials be placed on Reserve. The following items can be placed on reserves:
- Books, Scores, CDs, DVDs, LP records and other materials owned by Doane faculty or Doane University Library (except reference books that can only be used in the library, or archival materials that can only be used in the library). When possible, library-owned copies should be placed on reserve. In the event the library does not own a copy, every attempt will be made to acquire a library copy. If you would like the library to purchase material that supports your class, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Solution manuals, instructional manuals, handbooks, supplements to textbooks (supplied by faculty).
- Course syllabi, lecture notes, sample exams (supplied by faculty).
Please fill out the Reserve Request Form. Any personal materials will need to be delivered to the library; library staff will pull any library-owned items that are requested. If you need Reserves to be available for student use by a specific date, please be sure to submit them at least 48 hours in advance. If you have questions, please contact Holly Baber (email@example.com)