Do you serve on the student council? Are you the captain of an athletic team? Are you a member of the honor society? Do you lead the band as a drum major? Each of these experiences has helped you develop your leadership skills while in high school, but your leadership development doesn't have to end when you graduate. The Directions Program at Doane is seeking the next cohort of 40 talented student leaders who are interested in studying leadership and further developing their leadership skills in college. A spot in the Directions Program and a $1000 Hansen Fellows Scholarship are awarded each year to 40 outstanding high school seniors who have distinguished themselves through a record of leadership and service.
- The $1000 Hansen Fellows Scholarship, awarded each of the 4 years you attend Doane.
- Living in suites with other Directions students inside Hansen Leadership Hall
- A one-on-one pairing with a Directions Mentor who will meet with you weekly during your first year at Doane.
- Taking 1 leadership course with other Directions students during each of your first 4 semesters at Doane.
- Connections to service opportunities at partner nonprofit organizations in Crete, Lincoln, and Saline County.
How to join:
- Apply and be admitted to Doane University.
- Have a 3.0 minimum GPA
- Complete the Directions- Hansen Leadership Program Application by January 31st, 2022. The application includes a resume, an essay, a personal reference, and a video introduction
- Complete a zoom interview before February 28th, 2022
To schedule your Directions Program interview, contact Suzy Cochnar at 402.826.6767 or email@example.com
For all other questions, please contact Quint Geis at firstname.lastname@example.org