Deadline to Apply: Friday, April 1, 2022
Established in December 2008, The Capital Alumni Chapter Scholarship is the culmination of nearly 20 years of fundraising efforts. This award was established by alumni and friends from the greater Lincoln, Nebraska area to assist students from Nebraska who attend Doane University in pursuit of an outstanding education.
The Capital Alumni Chapter will award at least one* current student a $250 scholarship per semester for a maximum of six semesters (or $1,500) as long as funds are available and the student is in good standing.
*THIS YEAR ONE FIRST-YEAR APPLICANT WILL BE SELECTED.
Applicants for the Capital Alumni Chapter Scholarship must:
- Apply during the spring semester of their freshman year
- Be enrolled in a full-time, undergraduate program on Doane University's Crete campus.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above.
- Be a graduate of a Nebraska High School.
- Submit a 500-word essay (MLA formatting).
- Continue to earn a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above.
Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a committee which includes the Chapter and Office of Financial Aid. Submission deadline is Friday, April 1, 2022. The scholarship recipient will be notified by April 29, 2022.
If you have any questions or concerns during the application process, please contact Director of Alumni Engagement Michael Stehlik '07 at 402.826.8296 or at email@example.com.